What We Believe / Principles
We believe in God the Father
We believe in Jesus Christ
We believe in the Holy Spirit
And He's given us new life
We believe in the crucifixion
We believe that He conquered death
We believe in the resurrection
And He's coming back again, we believe
(Lyrics from The Newsboys)
As a church We believe;
- In one God, who is the Creator of the universe. He continues to reveal Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe God is eternal and has no beginning and no ending.
- In Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God and the Word of God who was brought into this world by Mary who was a virgin. Jesus lived a sinless life and spent this short life serving others and standing up for what was right. He was tried at several courts and found not guilty. He was falsely accused and handed over to be crucified. He died willingly for our sins on the cross and God the Father raised Him in physical form on the third day. For 40 days he showed Himself to others to prove He was alive and then ascended into heaven being transformed. Salvation comes from no other Name than that of, Jesus.
- In the Holy Spirit, who exists as an equal with the Father and the Son. Every believer who has been baptised receives the gift of the Holy Spirit who indwells them. He gives spiritual gifts to every believer as He determines which are used to encourage and build up the church. The Holy Spirit is God’s guarantee of our salvation.
- In the church as being the people and not the building. It is the bride and body of Christ built on the foundation of the Apostles of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the chief cornerstone of the church. The church is a place for all to come and worship God. It is a community. It is a place to come and feel wanted and unjudged; loved and cared for. It is a family.
- In salvation in Christ. All of humanity has sinned and this sin requires removal before there is access to God. Sending Jesus was in God’s plan of salvation for the world because He loved the world so much. Through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, our sins are cancelled. The blood of Christ cleanses away the sin of those who come to Him through faith and who surrender their lives to Him through baptism and walking in newness of life.